Terms & Conditions
The term “Dash Cams Australia” or “us” or “we” refers to Avoxx Pty Ltd ACN 166 096 135 trading as Dash Cams Australia, of PO BOX 74, Tullamarine VIC 3043, Australia, Tel: (03) 9338 8772, email: email@example.com. The terms “you” or “the customer” refers to the user or viewer of this website.
Using this website
The content of the pages of this website and advice provided are for your general information and use only. They are subject to change without notice.
We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may be incomplete and contain inaccuracies or errors, that your use of such information or materials is entirely at your own risk, and we expressly exclude liability from your use of such information or materials to the fullest extent permitted by law including but not limited to indirect and consequential liabilities.
Your use and purchase of any product or service available through this website is entirely at your own risk. It is solely your responsibility to ensure that any product or service available through this website is suitable for your use and compatible with your vehicle and that of any third party who you allow to use that product or service. We expressly exclude liability arising from your use or the use by any third party of products or services available through this website, including but not limited to indirect and consequential liabilities, to the fullest extent permitted by law. Although Dash Cams Australia offers some recommendations and guidance, the customer accepts and takes full responsibility for the final purchase decision and ensures the product and features are suitable for their needs/use. Recommended products and/or features do not come with a guarantee of suitability for the customer and their needs/use.
We are not liable to you or any third party in any way, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any loss, damage or liability including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or liabilities, that you or a third party may suffer as a result of your purchase, use or ordering of, goods or services from us.
Any liability we have to you which cannot be excluded shall be limited to either the replacement of the product or service in question or to the refund of the price you paid for the goods or services, at our sole discretion.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Use or reproduction without our express prior consent in writing is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which is incorporated into of these terms and conditions.
Ownership of all trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, is acknowledged on the website.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the linked website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Because of the dynamic nature of technology and markets (e.g. exchange rate variations and other variables beyond our control), prices, versions, product details and availability for all goods on this website are subject to change on a continual basis without prior notice. Purchase of goods from us does not include upgrades to or software updates to the goods purchased unless specifically included in the product description.
Descriptions and specifications of products shown on our website are taken directly from information supplied by manufacturers. Products are supplied as named and described. Where a product description is accompanied by an illustration of the packaging or product itself, that illustration is for illustrative purposes only and may not look absolutely identical to the product to be supplied.
The appropriate use of Dash Cams for company purposes is the responsibility of the customer. The customer ensures that Dash Cam use is legal and approved by any employer and/or local, state or federal regulations. We take no responsibility for the changes in company policies or in local, state or federal regulations that deem Dash Cam use unusable or unsuitable in any particular industry.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and the jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
Quotes, Pricing and Payment
All orders for products and services placed by you either online or by other means are offers subject to acceptance by us. We may at our discretion accept or reject orders, or advise you of our inability to process your order for any reason. We may send you an acknowledgement of receipt of an order, by e-mail or other medium (including telephone, fax or in person). Acknowledgement of your order is usually automatically generated and does not constitute an acceptance of the order. You should ensure that the information you submit in your order is accurate and complete.
We reserve the right to decline any order for any reason and to withdraw any quote at any time. Quotes expire after fourteen (14) days if not withdrawn or accepted earlier.
Acceptance by you of a quote, invoice or work authorisation from us or payment of a deposit (if required) will constitute acceptance by you of these terms and conditions. In accepting these terms and conditions, you warrant that you have not relied upon any representations by us or our employees and agents which are not contained in these terms and conditions or in the quote or work authorization, and you also warrant that you accept the quoted price. Acceptance may be given verbally over the phone or in writing. Receipt of your customer confirmation email shall also be considered acceptance of these terms and conditions and the quoted price.
Any additional work carried out or additional products supplied outside of the agreed order will be charged to the customer at our discretion in addition to the quoted price. Whilst it is our intention to keep our website up to date and error free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If we discover such an error after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you prior to accepting your order with the correct details. You may then either cancel your order or re-confirm it based on the correct information. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order as cancelled. We reserve the right to change a price for accepted orders for goods in exceptional or uncontrollable circumstances. If a price for an ordered item is corrected due to exceptional or uncontrollable circumstances, customers will be informed of the change before payment is processed and offered the opportunity to cancel the order.
Credit cards accepted on this website are Visa and MasterCard. There is no surcharge on Mastercard or Visa. We reserve the right to decline credit card payments (and/or request an alternative method of payment) at our discretion.
If the card payment is declined by your issuer due to lack of funds available, we cannot hold goods against your order.
We also accept payment by bank transfer (EFT) into our Australian bank account, or by approved cheque – your order will not be processed unless the bank transfer reference or cheque includes your order reference number and is cleared to our account. Note that a bank transfer or cheque order is not confirmed as accepted by us until payment has been received and the cheque has cleared.
Credit accounts to businesses are not offered by us as a matter of course and are subject to application. Government customers can place official purchase orders on a credit account basis; purchase orders are subject to verification.
Title to all goods supplied by us does not pass to the purchaser until payment in full has been received.
Full payment for all goods and services supplied by at your request is required in the due time from date of invoice. If the invoice does not state a due time, the due time is twenty-eight days (28 days) from the date of the invoice. In the event payment is not made by the due date, we reserve the right to charge interest for late payment calculated daily at 4% above Commonwealth Bank base rate both before and after judgment. We may also charge collection costs (if incurred), including legal costs in relation to all overdue accounts..
Australian GST is payable on packing/delivery charges.
Whilst we make every effort to deliver goods in the timeframe we specify, we cannot guarantee delivery on that day or accept liability for deliveries made outside this timeframe. We cannot accept liability for out of pocket expenses or other costs incurred by you or by any third party due to failed or delayed deliveries or a lack of availability of the product or service ordered. Once the delivery carrier has your product, delivery is deemed out of our hands and out of our control and we do not take responsibility for failed and/or undelivered and/or missing parcels and/or slow delivery. It up to the customer to follow up or lodge a claim for any failed delivery and/or missing item with the carrier.
Where an incorrect address has been given with the order, or the courier is unable to deliver due to unavailability of anybody to sign for the delivery (they will leave an advice card in this case), or if you ask for the item to be redirected after we dispatch it, we will need to charge for any extra delivery costs incurred. We are not liable to you or any third party if an item goes missing due to changes in delivery instructions, non attendance, for a third party signature/s after the item has been shipped, or if you have given us an incorrect address and the item has been delivered and accepted at that incorrect address.
Price Beat Guarantee*
Price Beat Guarantee is applicable to authorised Australian dedicated online resellers of the Dash Cams we stock, excluding our own authorised resellers. The product must be identical, in stock and competitor prices on the day must be produced in writing. Dash Cam accessories are not included in the price beat guarantee. We do not price beat with any retail stores, eBay stores or eBay sales, Amazon Australia, “deal/flash sale” sites or “flash sale/s” and/or the like.
Returns and Warranties
All our goods come with a one year warranty from date of purchase. You are entitled to a repair or replacement at our discretion for a fault should one be present, and the fault is validated by us and/or the manufacturer. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced at our discretion if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality as determined by us and/or the manufacturer. Any repair or replacement will be granted if the product is within the one year warranty period from date of purchase.
- If goods arrive faulty or damaged, we will at our discretion dispatch replacement goods or offer a refund, for goods only, as soon as possible after the faulty goods have been returned to us and the validity of the fault/damage is confirmed by us and/or the manufacturer. Goods claimed as faulty or damaged on arrival must be returned to us within seven (7) days of receipt to qualify for a product refund, together with original packaging and proof of purchase in order to make a claim. You agree to pay the cost of shipping the goods to us, and we will pay the shipping cost of replacement/returned goods to you. Faulty goods received after (7) seven days of receipt will only qualify for a repair/replacement.
- If you wish to return goods because of a suspected fault, please contact us and we will be able to advise you on the appropriate returns process that must be followed. The returned goods must be within the one year warranty period from date of purchase, and will first be tested by us and/or the manufacturer to determine the validity of the fault. You will be notified about rectification measures in regard to availability at our discretion of an exchange, repair or replacement of like product as appropriate depending on the goods in question. If returned goods are out of the one year warranty period, the goods will be returned to the customer as received.
- Replacement items are not sent out before we receive, test and validate any suspected fault. Any suspected faulty items must be sent back to us and the fault must first be validated by us and/or the manufacturer before replacement items can be sent out.
- You agree to provide to us any component of the goods and/or accessories to enable us and/or the manufacturer to investigate and validate the claim. If goods and/or accessories are not supplied upon request, the claim will not be assessed and goods will be returned to the customer as received.
- *For goods which are not faulty or damaged (“change of mind” purchases), we can provide a refund, for goods only, within the *(7) seven day money back guarantee period only. All “change of mind” goods must be received within (7) seven days of receipt and must be unused, in original, sealed packaging as received and in the original, unopened, unused, saleable condition. Receipts must be valid and intact. The (7) seven day money back guarantee will be granted by us after receipt, inspection and approval of the condition of the goods and packaging. All shipping costs from the customer to us are to be covered by the customer.
- If you are a Trade Account customer and presenting goods for return or exchange, a copy of the original invoice must be presented along with the goods to arrange an account credit. A re-stocking / administration fee of $25.00 + shipping / freight costs may be charged.
- In the event that any goods need to be returned to us for any reason, whether it be a suspected fault (Warranty Claim) or change of mind (within the 7 day period), the customer pays for the shipping to us and Dash Cams Australia covers the cost of the shipping the goods back to the customer (standard post with tracking and signature on delivery). If goods are not packaged appropriately to us and damaged during transport, we will not process the claim and will return the goods as received. Dash Cams Australia is not liable if the product shipped from the customer does not reach them. Tracking and signature on delivery is the recommended method of post to Dash Cams Australia.
- Warranty claims will be void if the fault is determined by us and/or the manufacturer to be from incorrect and/or improper use. Warranties will be void by using non-genuine accessories, incorrect SD cards (eg. Sandisk branded), manipulation and/or tampering of the products and/or accessories in any way. You agree to produce any components and/or accessories we request in order to assess a warranty claim. Failure to supply any component and/or accessory will cease any warranty claim and the goods will be returned to the customer as received.
- If a fault is determined by us and/or the manufacturer to be invalid, intentional or caused by improper and/or incorrect use, the goods will be returned to the customer as received.
- Dash Cams Australia do not warrant any professional or non-professional installation of any goods. Choice of installer is wholly associated with the customer. Dash Cams Australia do not associate with any installation professionals and are not be liable for any installation, un-installation or re-installation costs associated with product failures or faults, installation failures or faults and/or reinstallation and/or uninstallation of returned or repaired units. Dash Cams Australia will repair or replace a faulty product only, if within the one year warranty period from date of purchase. The customer accepts full responsibility for any installation, un-installation or re-installation costs associated with their chosen installer.
- Any repaired component comes with 3 month warranty unless the component falls within the one year warranty period which would override the 3 month repair warranty.
All orders placed by 2:00pm Monday – Friday, will be shipped out same day for all in stock items. If the item if not in stock but is coming in within 5-7 business days, we will automatically upgrade the order to free express shipping to avoid further delays.
Once orders are dispatched, additional items cannot be added to a dispatched order. A new shipping fee may be applied for the additional order.
Same day dispatch is not available on weekends, public holidays and/or during shut down periods.
We use the following carrier/services to deliver customer orders:
Australia Post eParcel – Tracking and Signature on delivery
Australia Post eParcel Express – Tracking and Signature on delivery
The tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier once orders are dispatched and we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that you can choose to opt in to receive automatic shipping updates from Australia Post.
We offer free standard shipping with tracking number and signature for all orders over $80.00. If the order equates to less than $80.00, an automatic $10.00 flat rate shipping fee is applied. Express shipping is the only method offered for $10.00.
If an item goes on backorder, we will hold the entire order until the backordered product becomes available. We can ship you the part of your order that is in stock, however the customer will be required to pay $10.00 to ship out the backordered product once it arrives.
Cancellation of Service / Job Bookings
In an event where you cancel a job or request to re-schedule, the following conditions will apply.
- Cancel / reschedule more than 24 hours before the job.
No cancellation fee will be charged. You may be liable for any expenses incurred in the ordering / shipping or other process involved in your order.
- Cancel / reschedule less than 24 hours before the job.
A cancellation fee may be charged at our discretion. This fee will be equal to the value of the services booked in for the job. You may also be liable for any expenses incurred in the ordering / shipping or other process involved in your order.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
We may assign or transfer any of our rights or sub contract any of our obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with our specific permission in writing.
These terms and conditions govern the entire trading relationship between us and you and will remain in force until cancelled or amended.
These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous Terms and Conditions, representations, undertakings and agreements.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time.
Avoxx Pty Ltd trading as Dash Cams Australia
PO Box 74
Melbourne, VIC 3043
Tel: (03) 9338 8772